PK-village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PK-village: The only one!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Official Suggestions Thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Patric20878
Watcher
Watcher

Official Suggestions Thread Empty
PostSubject: Official Suggestions Thread   Official Suggestions Thread EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 3:59 pm

I don't believe the other thread was obvious enough, but I'm making this, and let all suggestions go here as a big list of suggestions. I'll kindly do the honor of adding all posts following this topic to the original post (this one) for easy reading.

And kudos, PK411, for infracting jkl. First a massive string of useless spam topics, then a flood topic, and then a rep abuse topic, something that him and I were JUST debating about yesterday. ._. No offense, jkl, but Jiggmin is Jiggmin, not this forum. Don't bring their noob qualities here please.

Anyways: Below are all suggestions. Oh and, some suggestions may be repeated, either because I didn't notice, or for emphasis.

My original suggestions post:
Spoiler:

(Note: I love how this site supports spoiler tags. Way to go! Use the BB tags "spoiler" and "/spoiler" (both wrapped in [ ], of course) to use, and click the box to unspoil/spoil)
Have "a tab with games on it"

Have the people who repped you be publicly shown.

Again, as said in my suggestions, make a subforum called Spam, where posts don't count towards total post count.

You can model your forums (rules, graphics, style, etc) off my forums, if you want. http://sgw.ipbfree.com/index.php?

Not enough categories in this forum.
And not organized enough.

You need way more categories. Say, SGW, for example. Here's the exact order how it goes in my own forums, SGW. Do know that it has been dead since like 2 years ago, so some stuff (most noticeably the header logo) is missing. Pictures below:

Official Suggestions Thread Sgw110

Official Suggestions Thread Sgw211

Official Suggestions Thread Sgw310

Official Suggestions Thread Sgw410

Now, these screenshots of SGW are from my access and rights as an administrator, which includes letting me see every subforum in the site. Obviously, don't let members be able to see staff sections of the site here, for example.

And you'll definitely need at least a tutorial and help request section somewhere in the forums. I think I had mine inside general discussion. Just think what a user would typically post in. Oh and by the way, you guys, suggest what forums PK should add, and I'll add them to my main post.

-Remove those annoying pointless messages that tell you what you just did. ie: You just posted. And the forum gives a message like. "CONGRATZ, YOU JUST POSTED, I BET YOU TOTALLY DID NOT KNOW THAT" Sort of like the annoying paperclip helper in Microsoft Word.

Last edited by Patric20878 on Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:03 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
GummiBear
GummiBear

PostSubject: Re: Official Suggestions Thread   Official Suggestions Thread EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:06 am

Ok cool.

Last edited by GummiBear on Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Patric20878
Watcher
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Official Suggestions Thread   Official Suggestions Thread EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 7:07 am

Refer to my thread made for you.
Please delete these two off topic posts.
Back to top Go down
Patric20878
Watcher
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Official Suggestions Thread   Official Suggestions Thread EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:28 pm

As the above post will be deleted, I will double post here for now.

More suggestions:

Not enough categories in this forum.
And not organized enough.

You need way more categories. Say, SGW, for example. Here's the exact order how it goes in my own forums, SGW. Do know that it has been dead since like 2 years ago, so some stuff (most noticeably the header logo) is missing. Pictures below:

Official Suggestions Thread Sgw110

Official Suggestions Thread Sgw211

Official Suggestions Thread Sgw310

Official Suggestions Thread Sgw410

Now, these screenshots of SGW are from my access and rights as an administrator, which includes letting me see every subforum in the site. Obviously, don't let members be able to see staff sections of the site here, for example.

And you'll definitely need at least a tutorial and help request section somewhere in the forums. I think I had mine inside general discussion. Just think what a user would typically post in. Oh and by the way, you guys, suggest what forums PK should add, and I'll add them to my main post.

Hmm, that's all for now. Updated to main post.
Back to top Go down
jkl
jkl

PostSubject: Re: Official Suggestions Thread   Official Suggestions Thread EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:38 pm

I have already made a guide to use a signature since some one asked how. I well make some more if needed. Also nice work on this, i like it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Patric20878
Watcher
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Official Suggestions Thread   Official Suggestions Thread EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:45 pm

Thanks.

Oh, and I'll be making a Tutorial Index, in honor of HTM.
Back to top Go down
jkl
jkl

PostSubject: Re: Official Suggestions Thread   Official Suggestions Thread EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:49 pm

Ok, if you need any help with it, let me know Wink
Back to top Go down
SparKzz
SparKzz

PostSubject: Re: Official Suggestions Thread   Official Suggestions Thread EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:51 pm

umm heres one...

When you add rep it takes you back to the top of the page and you lose your spot.. I find this very annoying.. maybe you add rep and you stay in the same place...
Back to top Go down
Patric20878
Watcher
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Official Suggestions Thread   Official Suggestions Thread EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:58 pm

K, added.
Oh, your suggestions is more fitting towards,
"Stop making the forum show the message, View your Message, View your Reputation, and other useless messages, after practically every action, which in the case of giving reputation, resets the page position."

I find it annoying too. I post, and it tells me I just posted.
No duh, I totally didn't know I just posted. ._.

Last edited by Patric20878 on Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jkl
jkl

PostSubject: Re: Official Suggestions Thread   Official Suggestions Thread EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 9:00 pm

Can you deleate a part ( you know which one i am talking about).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Suggestions Thread   Official Suggestions Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Suggestions Thread
Page 1 of 1